[Public-list] chainplates/bolt size

Roger L Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Wed Oct 5 05:01:44 PDT 2005

Dan,

Only failure I know of is when Yves Gélinas lost the mast on Jean-Du-Sud
while in the southern ocean.  Chain plate pulled out of the deck; timberrr.
Perhaps reliance on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy should
be disproportional to the distance one ventures from shore.

Roger

Roger Kingsland
Managing Partner
KSBA Architects