[Public-list] Chainplates/bolts

John Boor 5thseason at canada.com
Wed Oct 5 07:02:45 PDT 2005

>I also checked my chainplates during my rebuild.  Although
I found the 1/4 bolts to be fair I noticed what appeared to
be stress cracks where the plate goes through the deck..  To
be safe I decieded to replace all the plates with a thicker
5/16 S.S and after cutting off the upper section of the old
chainplates used them as backing plates and of course I used
5/16 bolts with nylon nuts.  so if you are replacing the
bolts check the plates for any stress cracks.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380

 Dan,I checked mine early this year.Two chainplates were