[Public-list] Anchors

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Oct 10 19:33:37 PDT 2005

Hello Roger -

I was trying to concentrate on one subject...not like me!

For our main anchor we use a 25lb CQR clone.  It has only caused me concern
once.  It seems to hold well in most conditions.   Other anchors we  carry
are:

- 2 folding 15 lb Admiralty Pattern anchors (like Popeye has tattooed on his
arm) also great in most bottoms but really good as rock picks

- 1 13 lb danforth - great for soft bottoms but not so good in weeds. This
anchor has 8' of 3/8" chain always on it.

Up forward we have the chain I already sang a song about, it leads through a
deck pipe into the forepeak.  To port of that we have another deck pipe
through which we have 200' of 5/8" nylon.  The two live happily together in
the forepeak despite there being no divider.

Aft we have a third deck pipe for a stern anchor or shore line which is 100'
of nylon.

Gord