[Public-list] Re: Public-list Digest, Vol 508, Issue 1

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 16 06:06:42 PDT 2005

Allen,
Since your boat fared so well in 120+ winds and a sizable storm surge, would you share with the group the precautions you took to protect your boat?  What worked and what did not work so well.  In your estimate did you fair well only because your dock held together and other boats didn't break loose and collide with yours. How high are your pilings above the normal tide water range?  I would also like to learn how you rigged your lines to accommodate the storm surge.  Thanks, may we all learn from your good fortune.
Michael #133

REDDERHS at aol.com wrote:
>Nearly three weeks after Rita hit our area we were finally allowed on the
island where we keep our boat in a slip. There was about 4 hours of 120+ wind
and in our area a 7 foot storm surge. We have no damage. Our Alberg 30 hull
#520 came through without a scratch. Some of my neighbors didn't fair so well
through, but we are in good shape. Thanks to all of for the good wishes.
Allen
A30 #520