[Public-list] (no subject)

Coolray cooler2k at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 11:03:40 PDT 2005

Atalaya #87 currently rests in my backyard on the
first step of her rescue. She was a derelict and is in
bad shape. I apologize in advance for all the
questions I'm sure you have answered before, but I
have seen already the wealth of practical knowledge on
the board and We are in dire need.

1. Does anyone have any advice on cleaning and sealing
the bilge/battery box areas, particularly to remove
the diesel smell? I have removed the Universal m3-20.
The old fuel filter & tank arrangement are coming out
today. Flooring will go soon as she sat with 3 to 4
inches of water above the floor for an unknown amount
of time.

2. All the thru-hulls need replacement. Most are
rusted relics to be puzzled over by archaeologists
excavating Tallahassee's remains a few hundred years
from now. Any been there - done that advice is
welcomed.

Thank you,
John B. Cooler
Atalaya #87