[Public-list] Full Batten Main Questions

Elaine and Brian Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Mon Oct 24 15:31:05 PDT 2005

Not really, but it's better and easier if you do.
If you do nothing, you must make absolutely sure that the main is in full
luffing mode when you lower it. You should have a slide at the luff end of
each batten to transfer the batten load to the mast. It will work on the
standard external track, but of course, it will be much better with a modern
slippery or bearing car system.
Regards,
Brian ex#497