[Public-list] Re: Public-list Digest, Vol 484, Issue 2

REDDERHS at aol.com REDDERHS at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 09:26:24 PDT 2005

JohnL,
    I too have thought about painting the toe rail and  coamings after using
3 to 4 coats of Certol (the marine vesion). But first I  thought I would try
and use teak oil on the grab rails and companion way  drop board guides. They
both came out really looking good. I'm not sure what  your weather is like but
in Texas the teak oil last about 2 weeks then you  must reply. It takes about
10 minutes start to finish. Has anyone used Schooner  varnish with suscess on
the toe rails or coamings?
Allen
A 520