[Public-list] Re: outboards on A-30s

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Fri Sep 30 05:49:14 PDT 2005

   The question about racing rules is NOT going to be adjudicated by
THIS Association. This group is a collegial group of owners, not the
race committee, which is a group under whatever regatta you might be
racing. The "rules" are going to be interpreted by them, not us. Very
roughly analogous to  Congress passing laws and the courts (the race
committee) interpreting  them.

    My very limited contact with race committees ranges from very fair
to very political. In truth, Alberg racing is not the America's Cup, and
with no money and few trophies at stake, ought to be less contentious
than racing J-24s, but who knows? I see people buying slightly obsolete
race cars and running in vintage races against  true antiques and
bringing 18-wheelers full of parts and paid crews.

    But don't blame this Association. The remarks about the A-30 rules
was cautionary...

- Gordon White
Brigadoon II  (And I no longer race)