[Public-list] Epoxy Vs. Polyester resin

Patty J Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net
Fri Sep 30 21:25:56 PDT 2005

Katrina took my cap rail off and ripped some of my deck to hull joint.
Does any one know what I should use to make my repairs...epoxy or
polyester resin with the fiberglass.  I've already read Don Casey's book
on the subject and I'm ready to start grinding but want to use the
correct materials.  The only part that was ripped off is the deck part
just under the cap rail and it looks to me like they used fiberglass
mess and sheeting sandwiched together, so I suspect they used polyester
resin, but not sure.

Patty
Timbuktu 461