[Public-list] Inboard Replacement

Glenn Brooks brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Sun Sep 11 12:28:32 PDT 2005

Hi John,

As an alternative, you might look around for a used/rebuilt 20 hp
diesel.  I see these periodically for $1500- $2000 and they would be
much more versatile, dependable and safe to operate.  Plus your cost of
fuel and modification costs will be substantially less. than setting up
a gas powered o/b.  My 35 hp universal burns 1/3 gal/hr, pushing the
boat at hull speed,,, forever on a 15 gal fuel tank.

Just a thought.

regards

Glenn Brooks
Dulce (in Puget Sound)