[Public-list] Inboard Replacement

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Sun Sep 11 16:10:23 PDT 2005

On Sep 11, 2005, at 5:48 PM, <dickdurk at atlanticbb.net> wrote:

>> new outboard is in my mind more reliable and more easily >repaired -
>> or taken
>> to a repair shop - than is an inboard.
>
> I don't find outboards to be reliable at all. Your Grey marine is what
> 35 years old? No outboard will match that life expectancy; Your Alberg
> will go another 35, easy.

I just have to pipe in here.  I'm not saying that the original poster
should - or shouldn't - replace an inboard with an outboard; but, since
my 1960 Evinrude Fisherman outboard is still going strong and starting
on the first pull, I have to disagree that "no outboard will match that
[35 year] life expectancy."

Respectfully,

--- Rachel