[Public-list] Prepare for Hurricane Olivia

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Sep 14 08:32:32 PDT 2005

You may want to strip off all your halyards but one - which you will use for
the bosun's chair later to put them back up.  Stripping the halyards
significantly reduces your rig's windage.  You likely want to get the boom
off and stow it below too.  I would make fender boards to beef up your
protection from your dock...to do that you take pairs of fenders and lash
them to solid planks.  Hang them with the plank toward the dock and with the
fenders against your hull.

I wonder if shackling all your anchors together and laying them under your
bow on short scope is a good idea?  The idea is this...if your dock lines go
the anchors will inhibit drift...

Good luck.

Gord Surprise #426