[Public-list] Pride of Baltimore II

Roger L Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Thu Sep 15 12:30:17 PDT 2005

One account said several minutes elapsed between bowsprit failure and
collapse of the mizzen.  I wonder if any corrective measures (like heading
downwind) were tired or would have made a difference.  RE the sprit failure,
the skipper said "In this case we discovered a flaw that we had no reason to
believe was there", I wonder what it was.  Gord Laco, any thoughts?

Roger