[Public-list] another outboard discussion

Gail DeMoss gdemoss at alberg30.org
Thu Sep 29 17:44:15 PDT 2005

re:  "let me race?"

There doesn't seem to be any rule about engines.  Just that boat must
"be maintained in cruising trim, with stores, fuel, water, etc. in
reasonable quanity.  Violation of the spirit of this rule shall be
grounds for protest."  Part II - Rules and Regulations from the handbook
seems to be concerned with sails, rigging, keel, spars, rudder
measurements etc.  Nothing really is said about the engine - or lack of
engine - or what type of engine.  Ballast weight is mentioned for the
older boats.  Is an engine considered ballast?

What is the wisdom of the "old salts"?

Gail
Calypso #543

--
 Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
 that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the