[Public-list] re: "let me race?"was another outboard discussion

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Thu Sep 29 19:22:00 PDT 2005

>What is the wisdom of the "old salts"?

Don't know about that "old salt" business, I say; race
away, but if you start winning, expect protest.

Part Two-Rules And Regulations
  Section 18 Standard equipment shall include all
equipment normally supplied with the standard A-30 as of
Nov. 1. 1964...
and
  Section 4 All hulls shall conform to the design and
specification of the A-30 built by the Whitby Boat Works
and shall remain unchanged so as to preserve the
one-design aspect of the Class....
and
  Section 3 ...The Rules Committee shall have the
  power to declare a boat ineligible.

Was it Mark Twain who said; "Regulations are the refuge of
scoundrels"? :)

Michael Grosh