[Public-list] teak deck caulk

Elaine and Brian Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Mon Sep 12 09:58:16 PDT 2005

>> Will deck caulk be a good idea?  And what kind do you recommend?

 I can't tell you if using regular caulking will hold the teak in place, but
I used the Boatlife 2 Part Teak Deck Caulk when I redid all the seams on my
teak deck. It works just fine for this application. I believe that the
Gourgeon Brothers suggest setting the teak strips in thickened epoxy to hold
them in place, then just caulk the seams. Believe me when I say that I wish
my teak decks were epoxied in place rather than held in place with screws.
There's a reason boats like mine got the nickname "Leaky-Teaky"
Regards,
Brian  ex#497