[Public-list] Varnish Removal

John Kennedy John.Kennedy at gov.ab.ca
Fri Apr 7 08:10:54 PDT 2006

C.B. Currier wrote: "I have found that a heat gun and scraper - together -
are the best
combination."

I agree. I re-did the entire deck on my 35-yr-old Fireball that way and this
method is slick and quick.

HOWEVER: 2 warnings.  #1: stop and sharpen your scraper FREQUENTLY. You'll
more than save the time spent sharpening when you go back to work.

#2 - Round off the corners of your scraper blade slightly. You do NOT want
to run the risk of digging in a very sharp corner on an otherwise flat
blade. You can end up with a scraped job that looks a bit like a zebra,
particularly if you're scraping over a stained piece of wood.  (Ask me how I
know!)

John
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged information. Please contact the Justice/Solicitor General HelpDesk (Help.Desk at gov.ab.ca) @ (780) 415-2998 immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.