[Public-list] TaitTait for sale

peteamos at tiscali.co.uk peteamos at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 10:28:17 PDT 2006

My cruising days are coming to an end through no fault of TaitTait.I am en
route to Glades Boat Storage in Hendry County Florida after just returning
from the Bahamas and expect to be there in a few days.If anyone would like
to look over the boat while I am around please let me know by e-mail to.........peteamos at tiscali.co.uk..........
and I will reply as soon as I can get to the library at LaBelle.
Tait Tait is set up for single handed cruising.She is cosmetically challenged
but is ready to go.Just add a GPS,diesel fuel and supplies..I have done a
lot of work on her mainly concerned with strengthening.The foredeck has beeen
recored and is solid.The coach roof beneath the mast has been excavated and
replaced with alternating layers of matt and cloth fiberglass about three
times the original raised area and is very strong.The chainplates have been
replaced using 5/16 bolts.The hull and deck are bolted together.There is
an excellent low hours 18hp diesel and an 18 gallon fuel tank.All standing
rigging has been replaced during my ownership since 1999 mostly using Staylock
fittings.There is a selfsteering windvane,a good autopilot,wheel steering,Harken
headsail roller furling.While in the workyard lat November the old bottom
paint was removed down to the gel coat.No blisters anywhere.To keep her that
way she was given two coats of barrier coat. A nearly new 7.5ft inflatable
is include with a 3.3hp Johnson outboard.The outboard is not very good but
starts fine,just runsa bit rough.A jib,genoa and two mainsails
The price is $13000.No silly offers please.This is a good boat.
Pete Amos,TaitTait  hull number 478