[Public-list] SSB -- on Alberg 30

Trevor Reiff treiff at solarwrights.com
Wed Apr 26 17:41:41 PDT 2006

Hello,
Recently I purchased a Icom M710 SSB radio for our A-30 (Osprey).  Of
course our  primary concern is grounding, I was wondering how well the
cast iron ballast would work, or does the keel need to be lead? If this
wouldn't work, I could ground to (2) new 11/2" bronze seacocks I
installed for the cockpit drains, and continue to run the copper foil
inside the bilge and back to the tuner mounted below the backstay.
Anyway, I have searched around for a while trying to see if any fellow
A-30 owners have installed a SSB but couldn't come up with anything.
Thanks for any help.
Regards,

Trevor Reiff