[Public-list] Boarding Ladders

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Sun Apr 2 11:55:48 PDT 2006

I think I get it - the ladder you have is # 7 on Masons list.It looks
interesting.  I could not see the last three ladders. Some pictures
would be intersting when you open up for the season.

>>> harmony at aztec-net.com 03/31/06 9:39 PM >>>
Hi Dave;
    I have a 3 step telescoping  that I bought at the Toronto Boat Show
a few years ago.  I found one that looks the same on Mason's website and
I will try to imbed a picture for you.   Try this link and see if you
get a picture.
http://www.thestoremasons.com/frameset.html
 Not sure if this "public list" will allow attachments, so here is a
description.
    If you can see the two horizontal bits at the top - I have those
bolted through the deck just beside the lazarette and raised on blocks
just enough to clear the toe rail.  It is about 36" long when extended
but pivots at the toe rail and telescopes down to only 15" when swung
up.  I positioned it so that in the up position and collapsed, one leg
of the ladder rests against a stanchion and is held there with a loop of
shock cord.   When I am in the water all I have to do is grab the toe
rail and pull myself up high enough to reach 15" above the toe rail with
my free hand and push the loop off the end of the ladder and swing it
down and extend it.  Works like a charm.
    If my description makes no sense, let me know and when I get the
tarps off,  I will take a couple of photos for you.  Much easier to
understand when you can see it in action.

Cheers,    Rod