[Public-list] Plumbing Question

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Apr 12 10:54:30 PDT 2006

I have the same head on my boat and it works great. I had to study the
installation diagram carefully to get it to work right. As my system is
installed, there are two vented loops. One is on the vent from the
holding tank to the outside of the boat. The other is in the after the
seacock.  It took two tries to get this right - I found the diagram hard
to read. Right now I can not remember just how it is routed and exactly
where the loop goes in the systemn    -so-   when I go out to the boat
later this afternoon or tomorrow, I will write down the routing and take
a picture or two and send both to the website. I think that once you get
the connection right you will be happy with the PHII. I have found that
I use very little water. It efficiently cleans the bowl with little
water and leaves only alittle at the bottom of the bowl - but enough to
keep noxious odors at bay. You might also call Raritan and ask for Vic
the tech expert.

>>> staehpj1 at yahoo.com 04/11/06 5:58 PM >>>
The head on Aurora pumps the bowl out OK, but not much
water comes in.  If I repeatedly pump the handle when
the selector is in the flush position, I get a trickle
of water at best.

The manual (Raritan PHII) says to check the check
balls, check for debris in the intake body, and to
check the piston O-ring.

I will do all that if necessary, but first I wonder if
it is hooked up right.  There is a vented look between
the seacock and the head.  It seems like that would
not allow water to pump in to the bowl.  Can someone
verify this or correct my faulty reasoning?

BTW: The diagram in the manual seems to show a vented
loop between the pump and the bowl, but not between
the seacock (inlet) and the pump, which seems to
confirm my suspicion.

Pete

http://mail.yahoo.com