[Public-list] Book about Alberg 30

Joe jtokarz499 at myacc.net
Mon Apr 24 17:15:00 PDT 2006

Dear Albergers:

I'm not sure if this is of interest to you, but I recently compiled a
book with some of my husband's writings about our Alberg 30. My husband
was the Secretary for the Chesapeake Bay Alberg 30 Association in 2001.
Because of his work with the government, I have printed it under the
penname JJ Turner. It's kind of light hearted, and also covers some good
technical how-to specifically for the Alberg 30.

It's called "One Less Traveled: Owning a Classic Plastic Sailboat." It's
$12.95 at the below link
http://www.timelypressbooks.com/onelesstraveled.html

The book has a lot of photographs and illustrations covering various
projects for the Alberg 30. The book covers how we found the boat,
renaming it, moving it, our experience living aboard, and a host of
maintenance projects such as:

Removing & replacing the Atomic 4 engine    Porthole Replacement
Bilge plumbing                              Wiring
Running Lines Aft                           Extra Cabinet Storage
Installing Ceiling                          Hatch refinishing
Mast step repair for newer A30              Bowsprit/anchor platform
Rigging upgrades                            Stepping the mast

There's also a chapter on What Did It Cost, which is kind of interesting
because we were able to tally our expenses over the past eight years to
see what owning an Alberg 30 really costs. We found it to be worth every
penny, and the book is not bad either!

Enjoy

Julie T
Timely Press