[Public-list] backing an Alberg

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 05:53:21 PDT 2006

Gordon, I agree 100% (except the wimp part), but I
figure I should be able to get this down for
singlehanding and with crew.

I either single hand (70%), sail with my wife (12%),
or with my daughter (12%).  The remaining 6% is with
both and/or other crew.

My experience with the yelling thing is that since I
have adopted a laid back never get excited attitude,
my wife has suddenly become MUCH better crew.  She is
much more likely to do what is needed and even handles
tasks that I wouldn't have trusted her to do before.
She commented on how nice it was to sail without the
yelling and seems to enjoy sailing more and want to go
out more often.

Pete