[Public-list] SSB -- on Alberg 30

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Apr 26 19:02:58 PDT 2006

Trevor,

I presume you're talking about grounding to make the antenna effective.
  If that's the case, it's not really grounding you want, but
counterpoise.  As RF frequencies travel on the surface of a conductor,
using flat braid or copper foil is most effective, and can be run the
length of the boat (mostly) under the cabin sole.  No actual grounding
is needed.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.