[Public-list] Stove Replacement

David Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Aug 2 13:10:29 PDT 2006

I installed an Origo two burner several years ago in the place where the
Homestrand was. It took up most of the space between the sliding door
(they abut one another) and the sink (there is about an inch of space
between the sink and the stove). A very very small modification of the
cut out was required. I can not remember if mine is a 4100 or a 4000. I
think the latter. I can take a look when I go down to the boat later
today. I could not find the 4100 in the West Marine catalogue - so I can
not make any comparative remarks.

Another tack might be to gimbal mount the Origo 3000. One of my friends
did this and it worked out well.

>>> Brian Zinser <bzinser at lssu.edu> 08/02/06 12:28 PM >>>
The homestrand stove on my older Alberg has finally gotten to the point

that I no longer feel safe using it.  I am going to replace with the
Origo stove.  I have been unsuccesful at bidding on 4000 models
(narrower profile and has been discountinued). Therefore, I am planning

to purchase a new model 4100.  My only concern is that the 4100 will
take nearly all the space between the sink and the sliding door
cabinet.  Has anyone installed the 4100 model?

Brian Zinser
Manana

Brian A. Zinser
Assistant Professor of Marketing