[Public-list] Stove Replacement

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Aug 2 13:19:12 PDT 2006

Brian Zinser wrote:
> The homestrand stove on my older Alberg has finally gotten to the point
> that I no longer feel safe using it.  I am going to replace with the
> Origo stove.  I have been unsuccesful at bidding on 4000 models
> (narrower profile and has been discountinued). Therefore, I am planning
> to purchase a new model 4100.  My only concern is that the 4100 will
> take nearly all the space between the sink and the sliding door
> cabinet.  Has anyone installed the 4100 model?
>
> Brian Zinser
> Manana

Another option to consider is a one-burner portable butane stove (like
http://www.wokshop.com/HTML/images/pix/stove_master.jpg).  I covered the
hole left by the old alcohol stove with a board and just set this kind
on top when at anchor.

BTW, if anyone has a Kenyon B23000 or B23001 butane stove, see
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml01/01198.html for recall
information.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org