[Public-list] Stove Replacement

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Fri Aug 4 06:49:23 PDT 2006

We will all  need a coast guard operators permit by 2009 for all powered
craft in Canada, just that it is being phased in with the biggest problems
being dealt with first - ie kids operating dad's runabout. Statistically,
the biggest number of fatalities has involved small power boats.

It seems logical to me to address it this way and not very disruptive seeing
as it was a 7 year phase-in - unexpectedly considerate for a government
requirement.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Cheers,
John