[Public-list] Canadian rules re - visiting Boats

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sat Aug 5 04:06:37 PDT 2006

Hi Gordon,
Don't think the list filters liked my last send as I did a cut and paste so
I'll give you the link to the FAQ page of Transport Canada re the pleasure
boat operator's card http://www.tc.gc.ca/boatingsafety/oc-faq.htm#1

For folk our age (born before 1983 ), unless operating an out board, you
won't need the card until 2009. If one has a tender with an outboard you
will need the card or the other certifications - see the site.

If you charter a Canadian Boat or a boat in Canada or visit for more than 45
days you will need the card.

Check the FAQ page though.

Hope this is a help.

Cheers,