[Public-list] Canadian rules re Visiting Boats

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 5 16:11:59 PDT 2006

One thing I noted in our recent trip to St. John and return, entry into Canada was a wonderful (and painless) experience.  To return however it was passports (or other acceptable ID) and Customs had to do it in person.  The Canadians used the telephone.

Standing joke  It is easier to walk across the southern border than for a citizen to return.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

"One country may support another's cause, but will never take it so seriously as it takes its own.  A moderately- sized force will be sent to its help; but if things go wrong, the operation is pretty well written off, and one tries to withdraw at the smallest possible cost."

Clausewitz, On War