[Public-list] Itinerary Comments?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Aug 26 17:02:08 PDT 2006

Elaine and Brian Timmins wrote:
> I've also been thinking of Selby
> Bay, up around the point from the Rhode.

Selby Bay is not very picturesque and rather shallow.  If you're going
into the South River, I'd suggest Harness Creek as a better stop.
There's a great hurricane hole to the right as you go in that's
marvelous, though small.  If no one's beat you to it, you can anchor
there completely surrounded by Quiet Waters Park.

>   No matter how much we plan, we realise that somewhere along the way, the
> schedule will go out the window. Our current thoughts are trying to sneek in
> St Michael's as well. (ooops, I'm going to need a month, or maybe a year, or
> maybe I should just start keeping the boat on the Chesapeake. Yes, I think I
> would like that!)

You can spend a lifetime on the Chesapeake and not run out of places, I
think.  If you want to find good options while enroute, you might
consider the Shellenberger guide
(http://alberg30.org/store/Amazon.html#GunkholersGuide).  It rates
anchorages for both safety and beauty.

You'll have a great time, pretty much anywhere you go.  Just don't make
it a "if this is Tuesday it must be Belgium" type of trip.  Better to
see less, but enjoy it more.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.