[Public-list] tar stains

Kristofer Coward kris at melon.org
Mon Aug 28 14:28:21 PDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 08:52:39PM -0400, George Dinwiddie wrote:
> I wouldn't recommend it for cleaning rust stains on fiberglass.  The
> usual recommendation for rust stains is oxalic acid.  The cleanser ZUD
> contains this, but is also abrasive.

I'd second the oxalic acid recommendation, and point out that it's also
a decent wood bleach. Because of this latter point, you can usually
find the stuff straight up at hardware stores and paint stores (unless
you're in Canada, in which case you have to get it behind the counter
at a pharmacy, though no prescription is required).

Cheers,
Kris

--
Kristofer Coward				http://unripe.melon.org/