[Public-list] reversing gear (A4)

Rob Alley 1ralley at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 19:53:35 PDT 2006

Patty:  I'm confused---not an unusual circumstance, but there it is.  If
you disengage the shift cable from the transmission, can you shift the
trans through all gears by hand, without problems, with the engine
running??  If you can, then you have a cable problem.  If you can't, you
probably have a trans problem--a bigger bear to hug!!  You want to be
sure which problem you have.........

Rob