[Public-list] Starting Battery Question

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Wed Dec 6 06:57:42 PST 2006

Andrew
Go with a standard automobile battery.  In my system I have 440Ahr deep
cycle house batteries and was going to use this for every thing and not
have a starting battery.  After talking to the Surrette battery supplier
at at the toronto boat show he explained that the internal structure of
the plate connectors is lighter for the deep cycle battery than a starting
battery where large currents can be generated when starting.  This extra
current could open an internal connection rendering them usless.
John Boor
MAHSEER