[Public-list] Maximum Roach in Mainsail

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Dec 19 04:51:59 PST 2006

Good morning -

In our boats, less power in the main means it will be easier to keep a
balanced helm... If you are not racing you will not often miss less roach.
Too much roach results in unusable power... You would have to rake your mast
forward a little to achieve that much sought after slight weather helm.

Gord #426 Surprise