[Public-list] Maximum Roach in Mainsail

JohnI a30blueteal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 08:30:58 PST 2006

Gord is right - I got a lot of weather helm. The boat became very unpleasant
to sail in gusty conditions, and I couldn't get the boat to balance decently
until the second reef was in.

I'm thinking of putting in 5" of roach in the new sail. My biggest concern
is whether I'll be losing too much in light air performance. Any insights
from the experience of others would be much appreciated.

John