[Public-list] clew height

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Dec 20 05:46:04 PST 2006

Good morning -

When all is said and done it matters little if the clew is a little higher
or lower... So long as it is high enough to facilitate good reaching trim
(as your sailmaker says) and so that you can see under it and it does not
trap water.  Between 3 and 4 feet above the deck is good in my opinion

Cheers - Gord #426