[Public-list] clew height

Mark Ferguson mwferguson at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 20 14:23:22 PST 2006

I had a 155 made for the roller furler that I used for cruising and club races (South Florida winds average 10 - 15 knots). I had the foot measured so the it was inches below the life lines. This allow the sail to flop over the life line without skirting.  I was not concerned with visibility. Since Hurricane Katrina took that sail I had a 145 cut down from a friends cruising sail used on his Morgan 27'. The foot is much higher and provides better visibility. I'm no longer participating in club races so the performance is not so important.

Mark
Rebel Yell #702