[Public-list] non-pressurized alcohol stove

Michael Grosh dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Thu Dec 21 13:06:32 PST 2006

<snip>
Though they're not as hot as pressurized stoves
<snip>

I'm not sure about that.
I find our Origo drop in boils water faster then the old Kenyon-not even
counting time priming, sometime spectacular flare ups, etc., but that may be
due to the larger flame surface.  That heat distribution makes for  better
real world cooking anyway.

Beats me how you are going to install a gimbaled stove in an Alberg without
seriously compromising cabin space. By the time you allow space for the
gimbel mechanism, you might as well get one with an oven too, and lose the
STBD berth. Are you really planning on doing a lot of at sea, underway
cooking? A good compromise has been mentioned here before, the Sea Swing
propane cartridge jobby-screw it into the bulkhead and you have water for
hot tea.

I have had enough meals at sea to know I am  comfortable with cheese and
crackers until I get to a place where the horizon stays steady, but that's
me  :)

MichaelGrosh