[Public-list] depression in hull

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 08:27:45 PST 2006

Brian,

The newer version boats have this problem although it has never caused any
failure as far as I know. 505 suffered from this. The shelves in the forward
cabin are secondary structural components. On the 'newer' boats they are
pop-riveted in place and do not provide much lateral support. I loosened the
rig; pushed the sides out and glsssed the shelves in place. The hardest part
of the job is prep - grinding the paint/glass so the new fiberglassing will
adhere well. While I was at it, I reinforced the knees for the forward lower
shrouds.

Mike Lehman