[Public-list] roller reefing gear

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 08:29:11 PST 2006

I love my Schaeffer 1100

Mike Lehman
~~~_/)_/)~~_/)~~~

----Original Message Follows----
From: "David Terrell" <DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu>
To: <Public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
Subject: Re: [Public-list] roller reefing gear
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:14:36 -0500

I have profurl and love it. one of the great advantages is that it is easy
to lift the unit and tune the headstay. You could do this on the Harken unit
I had on my previous boat but it was a titanic struggle. I would like to
hear from others to see if Harken has seen this as a problem and fixed it. I
have asked several harken furler owners and none said they could tune their
head stay easily. Of course, I do not know how many thought to ask the
question.

David, 432

 >>> <FINNUS505 at aol.com> 12/29/2006 11:51 PM >>>

Hello my Alberg 30 friends,

Well, it's time to fit a headsail roller-reefer on Stargazer. I don't make
this choice easily, but finally I see the advantages of roller furling
outweigh my sentimental attachments to my hank on jibs.

So, what are the favorite brands these days?

Thx,
Lee
Stargazer