[Public-list] Prop Size

chris lawrence chris.lawrence at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 15 14:26:20 PST 2006

Test

Chris Lawrence
37 Willow Ave
Toronto, Canada M4E 3K1
T: 416-698-5136 F: 416-698-8953

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-bounces at alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-bounces at alberg30.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Whittingham
Sent: 21 September 2005 23:26
To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Subject: Re: [Public-list] Prop Size

Dear listers,
                  Just have to throw my ten cents worth in here. I
replaced my Atomic4 with a Sole Mini26 Diesel this last winter. I have
nothing but good things to say about this little workhorse. Three
cylinder, 26 HP output, maximum revs 3600. The prop was sized to a
twoblade Mickey Mouse ears 12" x 9.5 pitch. This gives a hull speed of
6.5 knots at around 2700, which is plenty for me. She got a real test at
Dodd narrows when I forgot to allow for Daylight savings and "went for
it" an hour early against  the current which was flowing at around 6
knots. Got through at 1.2 knots at 3000 revs. Slightly shaken but
absolutely delighted! At cruising speed ( 2150revs- about 5knots plus)
she is burning 2 to 3 litres per hour. She has very smooth running and
makes less noise than the old ABomb. Highly recommended. Regards
Jonathan Whittingham    Alberg 30 "Emmy"