[Public-list] headsail size

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Sat Feb 18 11:55:34 PST 2006

I received the same advice from Quantum. They said that their experience
was that for a person who cruises  and especially if singlehanding. a
130 or so was the best choice. If one races, they will recommend a
bigger genoa partly because you want all the power you can legtimately
get and partly because in racing  you will probably have crew on board
to make handling the boat more easily when it is overpowered  - folks
serving as moveable ballast a.k.a. rail meat, etc. .

>>> timmins at optonline.net 02/18/06 10:26 AM >>>
If your winds are consistantly strong, I would suggest a 135%, that can
be
rolled to 110 reasonably, but will be just enough in lighter winds.
Regards,
Brian  ex#497