[Public-list] Seafarer and Alberg Owners help identify this boat -link to photos

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 21 08:07:30 PST 2006

        Brian,
  Thanks for this reference.  On Yacht world all three of the Bristol 27 footers were for sale.  I was able to compare the Standard with the Dinette to the Weekender version.

  The unidentified boat most closely resembles the Weekender................close enough that this is probably what it is.  The 1969 listed for sale even had an out of water photo that showed the painfully smallish rudder that was highly suspect to me.  So either both boats had their rudders replaced (which is possible) or the rudder for this model was changed in production....................but why?

  An add in GOB magazine shows a 1968 Weekender with a more typical Carl Alberg rudder.

  Thank you and all else who responded to my inquiry.

  Michael

Elaine and Brian Timmins <timmins at optonline.net> wrote:   Just guessing here, but how about a Bristol 27 Weekender? There is one from
1969 on Yachtworld for comparison.
Regards,
Brian ex#497
P.S. I was wrong on a previous post. It was designed by Alberg.