[Public-list] campbell sailer prop

Alan Slater alanslater at telus.net
Mon Feb 27 19:30:23 PST 2006

Last year I installed a 10x6 3 blade Cambell Sailer propeller on my Atomic
4. I find I get the same speed per RPM as my original 13x7 Columbian two
blade. The major diferences I found was that the 3 blade is a lot smoother
while cruising under power at around 1200 to 1500 RPM. The two blade prop
would tend to cavitate and produce a vibration as the blades aligned with
the keel. Also I found slightly less power in reverse, as in manouvering at
the dock. Over all I am very happy with it and the spare two blade stowes
away nicely.
I got mine from Robert Hess at Atomic 4 Engine Services in Vancouver. You
might find his website helpfull.
http://www3.telus.net/Atomic_4_Eng_Service/

Alan Slater
Romp # 358