[Public-list] campbell sailer prop

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Tue Feb 28 15:35:53 PST 2006

thanks for the response. In your experience, do you think running at
2000-2400 as they claim you can is really an option? Or is it the case
that you can make hull speed at low RPMs and do not need to rev the
engine  up to higher levels?

Thanks for your thoughts

David, 432 - Talisman

>>> alanslater at telus.net 02/27/06 10:30 PM >>>
Last year I installed a 10x6 3 blade Cambell Sailer propeller on my
Atomic
4. I find I get the same speed per RPM as my original 13x7 Columbian
two
blade. The major diferences I found was that the 3 blade is a lot
smoother
while cruising under power at around 1200 to 1500 RPM. The two blade
prop
would tend to cavitate and produce a vibration as the blades aligned
with
the keel. Also I found slightly less power in reverse, as in
manouvering at
the dock. Over all I am very happy with it and the spare two blade
stowes
away nicely.
I got mine from Robert Hess at Atomic 4 Engine Services in Vancouver.
You
might find his website helpfull.
http://www3.telus.net/Atomic_4_Eng_Service/

Alan Slater