[Public-list] New companionway sill

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Tue Jan 3 13:12:18 PST 2006

I am getting the same story. I have purchased wood from our rare wood
place for the sill and new hatch boards and now need to find the local
equivalent of your craftsman. Thanks for the encouragement and the
suggestion.

>>> dsailormon at yahoo.com 01/02/06 9:50 PM >>>
when i replaced mine i took the old one to a wood specialty place in
indianapolis. they wanted 150 bucks. there reasoning was they had to
change the settings on the router/saw or whatever. that's when i found a
gent who retired and does woodworking as a supplement to his retirement.
if memory serves, he charged me 45 dollars total. that was using
mahogany which is what i have used on all the exterior items i have
replaced
  dan
  rascal 145

terrell at message.nmc.edu> wrote:
  Thanks, Stephen, I will have to think about this some more. David
>>> sousa_stephen at emc.com 01/02/06 6:04 PM >>>
David,

Not sure of your wood working skills, but it isn't that difficult.
Copy
the
angles of the old sill and ridge that hold the companion way doors can
be
square when cut and rounded off with a sander. The bottom is the most
difficult to copy due to the compound angles.

Stephen