[Public-list] Lazyjacks

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Sun Jan 8 11:05:50 PST 2006

I use lazy jacks made by Harken and purchased from Rigging Only. I sail
with them eased to avoid chafe and can tighen then as needed simply by
pulling a control line that runs to the aft end of the boom. This works
well for me as a singlehander. As you are seeing there are lots of
effective ways to deal with this problem.

>>> whittle at shaw.ca 01/07/06 10:33 PM >>>
Dear listers,
                   Thinking about installing lazy-Jacks for the main
and
a thought crossed my yardarm of a brain. When under way with the main
up
and pulling, are the Lazyjacks usually left in place or are they
retracted? Does it matter? Keeping in mind that I am a 'cruiser' (of
the
sailing variety, I hasten to add), as opposed to a 'racer'. Thanks in
advance. Jonathan Whittingham. EMMY.