[Public-list] Fuel tank vent

Jon Budington jon at globalprintinginc.com
Wed Jan 11 06:59:23 PST 2006

Thanks - that's a great idea.

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-bounces at alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-bounces at alberg30.org]On Behalf Of Mike Lehman
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:56 AM
To: public-list at alberg30.org
Subject: RE: [Public-list] Fuel tank vent

Jon,

When I installed my 18 gallon saddle tank in the starboard seat locker, the
vent on the transom no longer proved to work. Fuel would spill out of the
vent and run down and stain the transom. The new tank sits on the ledge in
the locker, so it is higher that the original which was under the cockpit
sole behind the engine. To fix this I removed the transom vent and ran a
rubber fuel hose up through the deck inside the starboard stanchion closest
to the forward winch. The hose goes all the way to the top of the stanchion.
I figure that if the boat ever heels over enough to spill fuel out of the
top of the stanchion, I've got bigger problems than worrying about spilling
a little fuel.

Mike Lehman