[Public-list] Mainsheet tavellers

Rob Alley 1ralley at comcast.net
Sat Jul 8 17:51:39 PDT 2006

I  have just returned from the  CBA30ODA Commodore's bash, where I
solicited opinions as to the usefulness of replacing my stock(!)
ORIGINAL 1967 mainsheet traveller with something else.  I received an
array or opinions, from "Buy a Harken" to "You really don't need to
replace anything--the traveller stays amidships most of the time".

I am replacing all sail handling systems on  A30 219--most of which are
unchanged from the 1967 original manufacture--with equipment which I can
reasonably expect to be easier and less physically demanding to use.  I
am not for the moment concerned about cost. I am looking for the "best"
systems available.
 " Best", of course, is open to interpretation.

So, with regard to replacement mainsheet travellers--Opinions?

Rob