[Public-list] Mainsheet tavellers

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 9 08:53:59 PDT 2006

Three years ago, I replaced the original traveler, on Emotional Rescue #303, with a Harken. One of the best things on the boat. Both students and old timers really like it. Especially after graduating from sailing Rhodes 19's with no traveler. Ed. Schroeder

Rob Alley <1ralley at comcast.net> wrote:  I have just returned from the CBA30ODA Commodore's bash, where I
solicited opinions as to the usefulness of replacing my stock(!)
ORIGINAL 1967 mainsheet traveller with something else. I received an
array or opinions, from "Buy a Harken" to "You really don't need to
replace anything--the traveller stays amidships most of the time".

I am replacing all sail handling systems on A30 219--most of which are
unchanged from the 1967 original manufacture--with equipment which I can
reasonably expect to be easier and less physically demanding to use. I
am not for the moment concerned about cost. I am looking for the "best"
systems available.
" Best", of course, is open to interpretation.

So, with regard to replacement mainsheet travellers--Opinions?

Rob